Sometimes making dinner isn’t the easiest – and not very fun at times – especially when you have that assignment due at midnight that you haven’t even started on yet. SO here are some quick and delicious dinners that don’t take very much preparation at all!
First off, you’ll probably hear me say this a million times, but the crockpot is my jam. I seriously love it. If you can just wake up 10 minutes earlier in the morning and throw a few ingredients in the crockpot, you can leave them in there all day, and it’ll be done by the time you’re ready to eat dinner! Here is one of my personal favorites from one of my favorite blogs called Family Fresh Meals :
DELICIOUS BBQ CHICKEN
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian Dressing (I like to use Lite!)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- Season chicken breast lightly ( a small pinch per breast) with some sea salt and place in your crockpot.
- In a mixing bowl combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Pour over chicken, cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours
- Once time is up, you can serve the breast whole, or shred with 2 forks. If shredding, recover and let cook in sauce for about 10-15 more minutes to soak up all that delish flavor.
- Serve on buns, over rice, in wraps, on a salad or eat a plateful as is!
Next, my roommate and I make this really random meal sometimes that we love and can prepare fairly quickly! My roommate calls it a “Turkey Burger” (even though it’s not really like a burger), and I just call in my “Random Turkey Meal”. You can eat this by itself, or you can eat it in a tortilla, with some tortilla ships, in lettuce wraps – you name it!
RANDOM TURKEY MEAL
- 1 lb. ground turkey (I get the 93% lean, 7% fat organic turkey)
- Taco Seasoning (I like the reduced sodium kind!)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 frozen package of corn (or can)
- pinch of Cheese to add after prepared
- In a skillet, cook the ground turkey until it’s no longer pink.
- Add in Taco seasoning (Follow directions on package for adding to meat).
- Drain black beans and rinse. (this helps decrease the amount of sodium)
- Fill up a pot about half full with water and add black beans.
- Cook on medium heat.
- Do the same steps (2-4) with your canned corn. If frozen corn, follow directions on package.
- Once ground turkey is done cooking, place temperature on a simmer while beans and corn cook.
- Once corn and beans are cooked, add these to the ground turkey in skillet, and mix ingredients together.
- Eat it by itself, on any kind of wrap, make some nachos, or place in a tupperware to eat on the rest of the week!
Now we all know that breakfast for dinner is one of the most delicious and EASIEST meals. Maybe even try mixing it up with some different recipes, like banana pancakes or a new smoothie you haven’t made before!
BREAKFAST FOR DINNER – yes please.
This could consist of many things… but here are some of my faves!
- Eggs (scrambled, poached, over easy..)
- Chicken Sausage (Better option instead of pork sausage!)
- Turkey Bacon (Also a better option than pork!)
- Whole Grain toast, an english muffin, or sprouted bread
- Fluffy Banana Pancakes (Click here for the recipe!)
- Delicious smoothie with protein (Click here for a lot of different flavors!)